Finally!

Mick

I was up 'til three last night mixing my short film preparatory to entry in Sundance and other similar film festivals. The deadline is a Sept 5 postmark which necessitated the late night. In previous posts I lauded the expertise of post production professionals and I'd like to add my admiration for music composers and scorers. The first version of the film came accompanied by my compositional efforts which were generally thought to be "too 80's" (which to me has always been a compliment, but I digress). Being unafraid of constructive analysis and opinion, I opted to give a young(er) composer, Troy Hardy, free rein to see what he could add to make the piece better. Boy, what a difference!Edgy, contemporary underscore without attracting the ear to the music at the expense of the dialogue.

I guess the point of this is an unadulterated appreciation for the collaborative aspect of filmmaking and the slightly annoying habit that directors have of the "a film by" pre-credits that adorn much of today's motion pictures. Not that directors don't have a bagload of creative input, but it seems to me that the artistic contribution of the rest of the crew is undermined a little by this lauditory proclamation at the start of the movie.

If I can find an appropraite site to upload to I'll put my little effort out there so you guys can opine on it. This will be after the film fest entries in order to honor the "world premiere" tag that goes along with the submission. Sounds so much grander than it is.

Regards

Mick

Hey Mick, congratulations. I would love to see the film whenever possible.

CrewC

Yes, congratulations all around, managing to complete anything regardless of scale is a real accomplishment. Hopefully we will all get to see it somehow in the near future.

Hey Crew, nice picture of you showed up here along with your post.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Hey Jeff n Mick, greetings. I was messing w the settings at JWSOUND and saw a way to add my picture to my posts and thought I would do so. While the color of my hair n beard is gray or silver or whatever, I never did rock the Mullet or whatever the pic conjures up at any point in my long life. We took this pic one day when we didn't have a lot to do n we were feeling goofy. That is a Rycote windjammer I'm wearing atop my mellon n under my headphones. I'm glad you both mentioned "the look" of my hairdo, cause I was trying to be funny. Thats what you get being a prankster. BTW, I didn't mean to detract from the original post about your film. I am always impressed when anyone has the balls to create something for the love of it. Keep on creating.

CrewC