LSC 30th Anniversary Giveaways

curleysound

I popped in yesterday during my lunch break to put my name in the hat. It seemed like it was going off pretty well. I had to return to work before the drawing though, so I was wondering if anyone was there to see the drawing? I imagine they'll call anyone who was not present, but if you were, it would be cool to know who won? Also, did anyone have any enlightening conversations with the product reps?

While I was there they did the drawing and lots of people did win lots of really good stuff. Most of the vendors I think had been very generous in donating things to be given away. As I was leaving, they were giving away a brand new iPhone donated by Lectrosonics.

Also, I shopped at Audio Services when they first opened up an office (and it was just that, an office) in 1976. It was in an office building on Sunset in Hollywood, right around Cahuenga or Vine maybe? I believe it was on the 9th floor and was essentially an unfurnished office with maybe a desk or two and some tables with some products laid out. Dick Topham was the main guy and I think he was having to do everything himself... always gracious and helpful and interested in whatever it was we were doing in production.

Long, long time ago, that's for sure

Now Jeff has 2 iphones! That seems ironic somehow. ASC then was indeed on Sunset n Cahuenga in what is now the CNN studio. I would love to swing by LSC n give my regards today but I'm workin in the LBC and even if I got off early, the Valley is a long way from OC, so I'll say it here, Congratulations to all the great folks at LSC and thanks for all the help over the last 30 years.

CrewC

Somehow I thought the party was this weekend.  Too bad the card I received a while ago reads  the dates and not the days.  I was working the last two days, but could have stopped in this morning on the way to CBS Radford (10:30 call) and perhaps won the iPhone or other goodies.

Hope it was fun for those who went.

the mailers I got left the impression that one had to be present to win, with separate drawings for each day. turns out it was not so, with all entries being held over for the second day, prizes held for the winners who left, like our JW.

Friday was a smaller crowd, with many winners from Thursdays entries.

It was great to "tech talk" with the equipment manufacturers and distributors, as well as some of our own best folks.  A couple of Coffey folks came by to wish LSC well, too.

there can now be all sorts of hindsight as to what might have been better, or more efficient; accepting entries all week for a big drawing, holding the affair on a "Special Saturday", etc. etc.  but it was a great show of mutual appreciations amongst customers, dealer, and suppliers.  Good Show!

that said, there was some talk about Thursday's big winner (a new Denecke TS-C slate!).  One way to look at it is that we should find drivers more enthusiastic about making our runs!!

Tom: thanks for the pen!! (I stole one from you!!)

senator mike,

those couple of coffey employees are still " esop owners of lsc's" how ironic is that. anyway good event, good food,(mmm-shrimp skewers) good to see all the familiar faces of old co-workers and all the manufactorer reps etc.

there was some very generous give aways, (jeff you want to sell the 2nd iphone you now own??)

the only kind of grummlings (is that a word??) I heard was that entry winners should be present to win a gift, as only 3 of the last days drawing winners were present for the 10 products. not even the grand prize winner of the sound devices 702 t was there.

also,

mike paul there was a winner who works at another rental house (studio rental house) who technically is not elgible, but know one seemed to care or notice,or both. did I mention good shrimp skewers and the pictures of the old lsc past co workers was very cool to.

old school,

when I was a 17 or 18 old runner/p.a I remember asc on lankershim blvd. right around the present location. were they over there crew??

Hey Frank, greetings. You are correct. LSC has been at only 3 locations unlike Coffey Sound, which has been in how many places on Cahuenga Blvd? I've lost count, 10 maybe. I quit writing them in my black book 5 moves ago. Both shops have been great for the sound people in LA and else where in the world. I'm working today around the corner from LSC as I type. Why couldn't this of happened yesterday.

CrewC