Nomad Slate Noise

Travis Prater

I just got my Nomad 6 the other day, and have been going through it with a fine-toothed comb. I noticed today that on both the Slate and Com, when using the internal mic, there is a fairly low-level "jitter" that sounds a bit like Timecode or something similar. As I figured it was a little late to <HAT>, I figured I would throw this out the the JW Community to see if anyone else has the same thing on their Nomad.

Attached is a sample of the noise. Let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance.

Best,

-Travis Prater

Nomad Slate Noise.wav

sounds like noise caused by the processors or something like that.

but why are you worrying? its a low level noise on the slate mic - it only needs to be intelligible. you can use the slate mic input on the side if you need pristine.

I agree, definitely not mission-critical. I just wanted to see if this was something out of the ordinary or a sign of something else that's wrong. I'll be calling the mothership tomorrow. Thanks.

That's not anything to be worried about, unless it's (like Eric said) in your tracks all the time. I have a similar issue that is MUCH worse than that with my 552 (B-return has return audio and also Timecode - when there's nothing coming in the return I can hear very quiet timecode in my headphones) but it's still not a problem.

The sound that you're hearing is not Timecode BTW, it sounds more like a clock signal for a battery meter or, like Rich said, processor squeal.