Tuna T's

LarryF

In the spirit of the Earl of Sandwich himself, I give you my best try at Old English

"Ceosan naht trencher"

For those who are curious

Ceosan - to accept by choice or what is offered

naht - naught nothing a thing of no value wickedness evil-doing instrumental

trencher - well this was a bit tricky as old english was long gone before sandwiches arrived. I asked reddit and this is what came back

The closest thing that I can think of that would have existed when Old English was spoken was the "trencher" :thick blocks of coarse stale bread that were used in place of plates. Meats and other foods were piled on top of the bread to be eaten with their fingers and sometimes with the aid of knives. Essentially a proto-open-face sandwich. The trenchers, thick and stale, absorbed the juice, the grease, and the sauces. At the end of the meal, one either ate the trencher or, if hunger had been satisfied, tossed the gravy-soaked bread to their dogs or given as alms to less fortunate or poor human.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[snip]

the "trencher" :thick blocks of coarse stale bread that were used in place of plates. Meats and other foods were piled on top of the bread to be eaten with their fingers and sometimes with the aid of knives.

A word I have seen several times in various books is "trencherman"; the construction is obvious from trencher above . Looking up the definition of trencherman we have-- a person who enjoys food; hearty eater.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

To all the potential Tuna T message models:

I found five emails in my junk mail filter this morning when I did a search on "tuna". Those five have been sent to the Lectro Cannery and Shipping Department. If you sent in an email and didn't get an acknowledgement almost the same or next work day, the email didn't get to me. I think the Postini spam service thought it must be spambots, sending the same general message. If your email dodged the spam filter (and most did), we've been shipping the same or next day. (It's so nice to have one item that isn't backlogged.)

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Maybe that's not too late ? I just discover your thread.

I am in France but in August I will be in the states I can provide you an address in New York between the 5th and the 12 th or in New Jersey at the end of August.

Maybe that's not too late ? I just discover your thread.

I am in France but in August I will be in the states I can provide you an address in New York between the 5th and the 12 th or in New Jersey at the end of August.

Do it.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

I have had about 6 people get caught in the spam filter 'cause I've got it set on "obnoxious" which is one more than "aggressive". You should have gotten a relatively immediate email back. Try it again or post in the PM on this site and we'll get you into the Shipping and Cannery queue.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Any and all pictures greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LEF

I was working with a 'Big Name' today, we did some voice tracks in his hotel room radio studio, before going outside to do some live hits. I was surprised to see in the 'studio' a massive Subway banner and neon sign, I obviously was staring at it, cos the radio producer said 'We got Subways coming in about an hour if you want to stick around' Why oh why oh why wasn't I wearing my tee shirt today!

the producers may run into legal - intellectual property - issues with the movie.

On my last reality/post project, I got very good with the "tracking blur window" button. That used to take hours to do -- now, we can remove Subway T-shirt logos in :30 seconds or less! Instead of a logo, you see a mysterious blob on the front of the T-shirt. I personally look much better when I'm slightly blurry.

I had one producer who was so paranoid, he was worried that "Ford" and "GM" logos on cars and trucks in his films were too visible, and we camouflaged some of those. I think his attorney put the fear of god in him...