Denecke Smart Slate

jacquesstar

• 1 year later...

Great tool! Was a tough pill to swallow when there's so many other things I still want to buy. But after it's maiden voyage on a short film project using an FS7 I'm glad that I bought the TS3EL. Most of the projects I'm doing are micro budgets and just out of film school type productions so I try to help provide a simple workflow with every type of camera imaginable. Using the 633 as the master TC and the slate as a slave worked well with the FS7 (Recorder-Slate-Camera). Nice feature that the Deneke TS3 can both accept a jam as well as feed a TC. Next I will worry about lockits and drift but as long as I've got solid TC on my sound files and a matching visual reference for them to sync, all is good. At this stage at least!

• 4 years later...
44 minutes ago, callou said:

digging this thread form the ages..on wich position should i set a TS 3 for 23,98?? 

jaming  from a nomad or tentacles box.

position 4 "Auto " seems to work but the dial seems pretty confusing to me since there is no 23,98 position...

Thanks

The TS3 was before HD video/23.98. Denecke has an update (i believe) but I don't know which position they assign to it.