I'm not feeling ISOlated

Mick

The philosophy of the iso means that post sound can correct anything they don't like about the original mix, if so inclined -- including EQ decisions that might have sounded nicer in headphones than monitors, or don't match the cut or chosen tracks.  For this reason, I think it's best to send isos pre-EQ.  I rarely use limiters on set unless it's a really unpredictable situation -- I find most dialogue situations are better served by trim management, even sometimes on the fly -- and I find that rolloff tends to respond with variance depending on what gear is listening/processing (even though it theoretically shouldn't). 

nvt

So here's a question for you guys doing isos all the time--do you ever do them post EQ/low rolloff/input limiter?  If so, on what console?  I'm limited to being pre-everything but trim and HPF for isos--I think I'd like them better if I had more control over them.  I guess this is why those who can afford to go with the new Sonosax console...

Philip Perkins