If you had no ties...where would you go?

I have been in Atlanta since 1987 and the south before that. Love the south and being a southern boy. Also having all the choices for bar-b-gue. I have traveled and work many places. Including 8 month in NYC and Prague is one of my favorites.. That or St Johns's and be an island bum... Living the Jimmy Buffett life has an appeal... Of course with the Harley and a boat!

Cheers,

Whit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first choices

USA: Washington (Seattle), Utah (Salt Lake City), Minnesota (Minneapolis), Arizona (Phoenix).

Australia: Western Australia (Perth), Queensland (Brisbane).

UAE: Dubai

Nope. This is not a holiday guide for vacations.

Istanbul, Turkey.

Tokyo, Japan.

Vancouver, Canada.

Vancouver I lived for a while. Love it, love it. Even lived for a while on one of the Gulf islands, Mayne. Where the killer whales greet you welcome next to the ferry. On the other hand I like the structural chaos of Tokyo, and just the real chaos of Istanbul :)

I have travel two times in Istanbul. Great city! I love to travel now not for vacations but for work. Vincent R. did you drink tea? I drank tea every moment. :D Also now in Turkey they have "orgasm" in motion pictures productions.

I got tired of the rain and low wages for audio post in Vancouver

Was there 17 years. Don't miss it at all.

Ah, rain, didn't spoil the fun for me. I'm from the Netherlands. Rain is daily upon us. Compare to that Vancouver was sunshine galore. The other day I found my Vancity Bank cards. Brought back memories :)

I have travel two times in Istanbul. Great city! I love to travel now not for vacations but for work. Vincent R. did you drink tea? I drank tea every moment. :D Also now in Turkey they have "orgasm" in motion pictures productions.

Thea indeed. Çay çay çay. Sunday i will me in Istanbul again for a week. And orgasm; you mean the modulation ;)

Ah, rain, didn't spoil the fun for me. I'm from the Netherlands. Rain is daily upon us. Compare to that Vancouver was sunshine galore. The other day I found my Vancity Bank cards. Brought back memories :)

Thea indeed. Çay çay çay. Sunday i will me in Istanbul again for a week. And orgasm; you mean the modulation ;)

Ι mean about the "numbers" of productions to come out in 2011 and 2012. Too much TV Series, Documentaries, Feature Films etc

Ah, yes insane. Big industry there. With Istanbul as the Hollywood along the Bosporus. I thought you where talking about the audio quality; all soap operas on tv there are way over modulated. t least the transmission.

Soap operas. That's my word. haha

For example in Greece three big tv stations played two soap operas separately. Two soap operas for each tv station. 6 different soap operas from Turkey. wow!!

And audio quality? I think is good. 70% the dialogue from production part. 20% ADR. 10% sound design (include music). I think. I'm not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having grown up in Holland, I found the two to have pretty much exactly the same climate.

You must have lucked out in Vancouver. Asit rains non-stop the as well.