Zaxcom- MAXX

glenn

I see. It feels a bit strange , how Maxx could tell one track is ISO or not....

Was imaging the routing page may looks like Nomad.

Nomad Lite routing page looks like this. If you assign an input to a track, you get it pre fade. Assign an output to a track to get whatever's assigned to that output post fade.

Which I already have. Plus 12 zax wireless mic, deva 16, dozen erxtcd and three set stereo wireless link .etc.

When nomad first introduced, they r a bit afraid to make an add on control for it because if nomad is more powerful they may not sell more deva/fusion, now the 664 introduced and also more and more users want add on control so they making one now.

Its not about money. The most great things about Zaxcom is the software/system has way too many possibilities. Our demands and feedbacks make the improvements.

I asked this to Jack and he said:

Yes. If you have a QRX on the camera and the camera was running record run - the QRX will send TC to the link you can then output the TC into TC in on Maxx and set TC Mode to auto-load. Then when the TC starts running Maxx will then go into record.

I assume that It could also work with timecode buddy etc.

When will the Maxx be available for purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say that i`m not impressed with zaxcom`s production schedule. PER ORIGINAL RELEASE NOTES the maxx WAS GOING TO BE RELeased winter 2013, and or march 13. If there was another pro 4 channel recorder available with 4 pre`s i`d already have bought it simply based on my frustration oh having to wait for 9 mo`s for the maxx. But the sd 744 doesn`t have 4 pre`s and i don`t know of any other comparable recorders in the 2-3k price range. Hope the maxx is worth the wait?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

A few reasons for Maxx's delay. One was the addition of individual PFL buttons - due to overwhelming user feedback. So there was a new front panel design. There was also a delay with some of the parts suppliers that was out of Zaxcoms control. 

Given that I believe Maxx is finally in the home stretch and should be delivering in the next few weeks.

It will be worth the wait. Just tested the mic preamps. I feel they are the best we have ever produced.

We quoted delivery at NAB of 8 weeks. Some time around June 7-15 is what I currently expect.

Glenn

Wohoo! Btw what petrol should i buy? Any word if a specific bag for maxx will be created?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a question for Petrol:

UNITED STATES

Vitec Videocom Inc

709 Executive Blvd

Valley Cottage

New York

USA

Phone (+1) 845-268-0100