Zaxcom- MAXX

glenn

with regards to the adjustable power output,

the transmitters have steps of 10mw, 25mw, 50mw and 125mw depending on the model.

the ifb transmitters go from 1 to 7

so i would expect something similar.

note that my expectation should in no way be confused with fact.

I'm thinking the mention of the 5-ch mixer was taking a little shot at the 552. But from what I gather, it's a 4-ch mixer, but with many more features, including recording a mix + ISOs, etc.

It is a 4 analogue IP machine!!

Kindest,

sb

One can only wonder what impact the Maxx announcement is having on SD. I'm reminded of a line from a song that says.."anything you can do, I can do better."

Eric

I'm sure Sound Devices will continue their design and development of very useful products for our industry. As you know, I am a huge fan of Sound Devices and I have never said any disparaging remarks when comparing what Sound Devices has offered so far and what Zaxcom makes. I'm sure they have lots of interesting products in the pipeline but I would not agree with the notion that "anything you (Zaxcom) can do, I (Sound Devices) can do better". As I have pointed out many times before, Zaxcom has a distinct advantage in being the only company that designs and produces full digital wireless products and digital recorders, providing for a level of integration that is difficult or impossible to achieve for most of the other companies.

Wow... I don't feel the need to quote myself but I'll say it again "I would buy this so fast...". Especially with the 6 channel upgrade, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for. I was initially leaning toward picking up a 744T to run with my 302 for a while, but it's time to reconsider. This is a sweet little package.

It will always be the "Gonad" to me haha.

The only update that the unit should come back to us for is the RF transmitter option. All other options are either software enabled or easily plugged in.

The RF power output can of course be set to 50mW as well as 10mW,25mW and 100mW.

Glenn

I understand the benefits of an all-in-one solution, but why do you always feel a need to make it so personal? This is clearly lashing out at Lectro. The use of "hybrid analog" in quotes is just snarky. I appreciate what your company does, but this comes off as childish and defensive (and it's far from the first time).

Just let your products speak for themselves.

There is enough room in the market for plenty of approaches. Zax, SD, and Lectro are all great, innovative companies... Can we just accept that and put an end to the underhanded attacks?

hm, just read that post. I kind of agree with Wyatt - I own, use and like products by both Zax and Lectro, but my sympathy points here go out to Lectro, whose (Larry's) posts always come across as humble and fair towards competitors... just my 2 c.

I'm wondering if you get the recording option, are you limited to 4 isos and a 2-track mix for a total of 6, or is there the option of 6 isos with obviously the aes inputs in play?

Only 4 isos and the mix busses for a total of 6 tracks. You can disable any of the 6 possibilities.

Glenn

Glenn, will it be possible to use maxx and nomad combine together? Sort of like an Optimus prime of zaxcom devices? So let's say I had a nomad 12 and a maxx, could the maxx's 4 pots effect the nomads menu driven pots?

You can feed Maxx digital outs to Nomads AES inputs and have a 10 fader system.

It should not be overlooked that the Maxx can be used as 4 mic preamps with Neverclip to add to any existing recording system.

Glenn

" Bugger. "

life sucks...

then you die.

" Would have been nice to know this was round the corner. "

don't worry, there is something else around the corner...

" --When will this recorder start shipping?

--Is it powered like the Nomad, or external only, or what?

--what is its DC draw?

--Is there a TC i/o ?

--Is there WC i/o?

--Records to a single piece of media (ie the internal CF)--can it also record to something external to at the same time? "

and it isn't even NAB yet...

" Bugger. "

life sucks...

then you die.

" Would have been nice to know this was round the corner. "

don't worry, there is something else around the corner...

" --When will this recorder start shipping?

--Is it powered like the Nomad, or external only, or what?

--what is its DC draw?

--Is there a TC i/o ?

--Is there WC i/o?

--Records to a single piece of media (ie the internal CF)--can it also record to something external to at the same time? "

and it isn't even NAB yet...

*puts hand over eyes, grits teeth*