Sound Devices 664

Brian Maier

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember any bag I've bought from Petrol coming close to $458. Maybe I got a great deal!?

It's different Tyler.

It depends of course the VAT from country to country.

23% VAT

The EU is expensive. I can't understand why but it's expensive.

-1 for EU

Dollar=Euro

I pay 3995€ (5.088 USD) for an SD664 here in Germany, this Recorder cost 3990 Dollar in the US. Any Questions?

Salary is an other issue, but this will destroy this thread ;) . We have no labor union, and the prices for jobs were really bad.

-2 EU

I get that prices vary country to country, etc. Seems like rarely is it more expensive in the US than the EU, but since it's European made, it makes sense here. I digress; I really like the bag(s).

I pay 3995€ (5.088 USD) for an SD664 here in Germany, this Recorder cost 3990 Dollar in the US. Any Questions?

I have a question. Why not order an SD664 from a New York audio shop (to be picked up in New York) and use the extra $1000 or so (since you're going to have to pay it out one way or another) to have a vacation in New York City? Or, how about getting a friend in the US to buy it for you (your credit card, of course) and ship it to you? No American friends? Offer someone here (I'll do it!) a couple hundred bucks to receive and trans-ship an SD664 to you...

I have a question. Why not order an SD664 from a New York audio shop (to be picked up in New York) and use the extra $1000 or so (since you're going to have to pay it out one way or another) to have a vacation in New York City? Or, how about getting a friend in the US to buy it for you (your credit card, of course) and ship it to you? No American friends? Offer someone here (I'll do it!) a couple hundred bucks to receive and trans-ship an SD664 to you...

And what about import tax when he tries to enter his the country?

Or tax to be paid while shipping abroad?

The Problem is, that it isn't great for our economy.

If all People would import things, just for taxfree, you couldn't buy anymore anything, cause it will be to expensive and my lovely local dealer get unemployed.

Thanks

but if you are a egoist like me, i have no problem to buy "used" Equipment from you ;). next time

One collaborator from Athens he bought the 788T from Trew Audio (I think).

His friend from US send it to Athens. The extra $1,000 he bought the Sennheiser MKH 416.

The US product in EU it's extremely high.

The EU product in US it's extremely high.

The problem is the ocean water. Haha

I did this by having my 442/744 posted from the US when they came out, and saved like £2k by not declaring the true value for import duty. Its not a very clever thing to do, and if the parcel was lost I'd've had no insurance. There's also a good chance cutsoms might pull you up about it and request the full duty anyway, they're not daft. Another problem comes with servicing, returns etc etc - you have to lie and say you bought it second hand from USA. Also it doesn't work very well on the business accounts, escpecially being VAT registered. All in all, its probably better just to support our local outlets.

HEY SD

Let's get a few of these shipped over to Professional Sound Services! I've been on the waiting list for months, and I don't thing they've even gotten their Demo unit yet, while I'm hearing reports of other dealers getting demos and resale units.

Here is a list of Sound Devices resellers in your area:

http://www.sounddevices.com/where-to-buy/us-northeast/

And what about import tax when he tries to enter his the country?

Or tax to be paid while shipping abroad?

1) Walk it through

2) Order it and have it shipped (for pick up) to another state. No sales tax.

I'm not saying that any of this is strictly legal, but when the price difference is $1000+ a little creative protest might be in order.

but if you are a egoist like me, i have no problem to buy "used" Equipment from you ;). next time

There you go!

HEY SD

Let's get a few of these shipped over to Professional Sound Services! I've been on the waiting list for months, and I don't thing they've even gotten their Demo unit yet, while I'm hearing reports of other dealers getting demos and resale units.

E.

our dealer in UK only had ONE delivered so far! I'm only 5th on the list and it might be February before I see one. :(