Makes no sense. The only way "other then Marriage" I see is if you request a refugee status. But if an Australian and Canadian try that the State Department will laugh hard.

I HAVE NO CLAIMS I KNOW ABOUT THE CANADIAN IMMIGRATION . But everything I know about the USA immigration is proven and reliable,.. My best friend is an immigration Lawyer and I personally went trough a lot.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fool. I forget this. My professor in college is in Texas now as Assistant Professor at University of Texas. Panayiotis Kokoras. Maybe to ask some questions. Yeah it is professor and more easy the visa, but who knows.

:)

Thank you Rado for "PhD" word! :D

At the risk of stating the obvious, use the internet to find out immigration details for each country you are interested in, don't rely on hearsay. I took me less then 1 minute to find all of the following via google... Good luck!

New Zealand http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

USA http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Australia http://www.immi.gov.au/

I used to work on a "ethinic minority" show, heard many stories of people not following simple guidelines posted on our immigration site and being refused initially. Remember, an immigration lawyer/adviser CANNOT guarantee acceptence, only help you fill out paperwork, It's up to the officials to decide your fate. Don't get me started on the amount of people I met spending 10's of 000's because a dodgy immigration adviser claimed using them would GUARANTEE residency.

Regards,

Grant.

update: not saying don't use an "expert". Just, be aware..

Thank you for sharing Grant. In this sites have clear informations about visas.

The immigration (for good) change from 40's to 000's.

Now I can't grab my bag and go NZ, AU, US or Canada and "Hello, I'm here". :)

Maybe you know the Ande Schurr (Sound Mixer in NZ) and Chris Montes (Camera Operator in NZ).

Just spoke to two of my friends. On got in trough BC PNP. He said every province has its own program.

The other one went for PHD...

What's a PNP?

Again, I am not talking abotistudents, but established professionals in their own field.

In all cases I'm talking about, it is sound. From re-recording mixers to sound designers.

You can most certainly gain entrance as an immigrant without being a refugee.

If you ar 20, with no eductIon and no professional background or history, then you have a slim chance of getting in.

So, I will have to assume that that was the case with your friends.

Yep, know them both well! Chris and I have worked together a lot over the last year, top bloke.

That reminds me, I need to return his call..

Grant.

Hehe.. Chris grab his wife and children from Athens and go to NZ. Very big step for wife, children and for Chris. Respect. Chris told me about film / television industry it's small. If it's hard to go AU or US at 80% for NZ it's 95%. Chris told me about quality of life in NZ and that's I want but... You know better. Small industry. ;)

Ande Schurr give me one good direction to try I find a job at Sky New Zealand.

What's a PNP?

Again, I am not talking abotistudents, but established professionals in their own field.

In all cases I'm talking about, it is sound. From re-recording mixers to sound designers.

If you ar 20, with no eductIon and no professional background or history, then you have a slim chance of getting in.

So, I will have to assume that that was the case with your friends.

Hello Mr. Henchman. About education and professional background. Yes I have. I have BA (Hons). I have work as sound mixer and boom operator in film / tv industry but if I'm coming to these countries I will coming as sound assistant / utility. No one (I think) in film / tv industry can trust a sound mixer or boom operator who is new immigrant because they don't know this guy (personally and work skills).

all due respect nobody will give you a permanent status just because you are good in your field. If there is no employer to apply for you, you are out of luck.

When you apply, you want to apply with what you have the mst experience and credits with.

Whatever work you find, is an entirely different story.

The fact that you have a degree definitely helps as all.

the degree might help in Canada but makes no difference here.

I have always wondered why US educates all these people and after they are done kicks them out.

Look,

There IS a reason millions of people come across the border to the US the old fashioned way.... Doing it legally can be a NIGHTMARE... Don't ask how I know, but I do....

Your young, you sound un-attached.... If I were you I would do what I have HEARD many people have done.... We DID NOT GO THIS ROUTE, but at times wish we had...

Come over as a tourist, then stay as a student..... find a place to live.. get a job to keep your head above water... hone your sound talents.... meet contacts... work at the job any way you can... find a nice American girl (next to impossible), marry her... start your life here and move on.....

I am not joking when I say it may be your best bet to fulfill your dreams of a new life, a good job and, well, a boat anchor.... at least here in the US...

Doing it legally filling out all the documents, waiting, more documents, fees, laywers and the rest of it will just leave you insane.... and take YEARS!!!!!! I KNOW!!!

Follow your heart, go for it... do it... stick it out.... follow your dreams.... don't waste time, it is fleeting and just speeds up.... NEVER listen to doubters, point your nose forward and GO!!!!!!!!

Κaλή τύχη φίλε μου, ξέρω ότι μπορείτε νa το κάνετε κaι νa είνaι επιτυχής ..

BD

What's a PNP?...

Provincial Nomination Program - a way for provinces to bypass some of the federal gunk and nominate someone who will benefit their local area. has sub-groupings including Skilled worker, Community Identified...

worth looking into if your province of choice is in need of your particular skill-set.

Look,

There IS a reason millions of people come across the border to the US the old fashioned way.... Doing it legally can be a NIGHTMARE... Don't ask how I know, but I do....

Your young, you sound un-attached.... If I were you I would do what I have HEARD many people have done.... We DID NOT GO THIS ROUTE, but at times wish we had...

Come over as a tourist, then stay as a student..... find a place to live.. get a job to keep your head above water... hone your sound talents.... meet contacts... work at the job any way you can... find a nice American girl (next to impossible), marry her... start your life here and move on.....

I am not joking when I say it may be your best bet to fulfill your dreams of a new life, a good job and, well, a boat anchor.... at least here in the US...

Doing it legally filling out all the documents, waiting, more documents, fees, laywers and the rest of it will just leave you insane.... and take YEARS!!!!!! I KNOW!!!

Follow your heart, go for it... do it... stick it out.... follow your dreams.... don't waste time, it is fleeting and just speeds up.... NEVER listen to doubters, point your nose forward and GO!!!!!!!!

Κaλή τύχη φίλε μου, ξέρω ότι μπορείτε νa το κάνετε κaι νa είνaι επιτυχής ..

BD

Ευχaριστώ πολύ BD! Thank you BD!

• 2 months later...

Good news for US. I don't need work visa.

That mean only green card.

The bad news is about green card and how I get it.

I know how I get the green card but the it's very hard.

Also bad news for New Zealand.

It's the country where I like to build my life and grow up my (future) children.

Small industry. Very small. That's the "bad" news.

The good news for NZ is about my points in visa.

I can complete the points easy in visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for US. I don't need work visa.

That mean only green card.

The bad news is about green card and how I get it.

I know how I get the green card but the it's very hard.

Also bad news for New Zealand.

It's the country where I like to build my life and grow up my (future) children.

Small industry. Very small. That's the "bad" news.

The good news for NZ is about my points in visa.

I can complete the points easy in visa.

Well, I would go where you want to build your life.

Good luck getting a work VISA. Unless Microsoft, Intel, Apple ect. wants you, no employer will go trough the whole process.. Henchman, what year did you do it ?

Not true, Rado. If the person is an outstanding representative of the profession (which Vasileos may or may not be) with, say, awards or press blurbs, etc., he or she may work for someone willing to sponsor them. That's how I got my green card, in the mid-90s.

BK

I also had a news director do this for a japanese photographer that I worked with years ago. It is really more a matter of convincing them that they want to hire you and jump through the administrative hoops required. In the case of the news directer he said he would never do it again because the govt made the process so unpleasant for him. But I wouldn't go by that alone.