Lectrosonics New Product Announcement

AudioSheik

Stupid question. It's the same design as a SRa?

Hi Vasileios,

It's actually a good question. Same basic design but with a 6 layer board rather than a 4 layer, reduced RF and IF gain in multiple areas, independently adjustable first oscillators, many cut and try changes to the ground and power planes, better shielded first IF filters, and earth from a two century old grave site from somewhere near Santa Fe.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Vasileios,

It's actually a good question. Same basic design but with a 6 layer board rather than a 4 layer, reduced RF and IF gain in multiple areas, independently adjustable first oscillators, many cut and try changes to the ground and power planes, better shielded first IF filters, and earth from a two century old grave site from somewhere near Santa Fe.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Ah Chimayo is a beautiful church!

Hi Larry,

I don't suppose I can request that my SRb upgrade be of a different block than my current SRa unit, can I?

I no longer use my SRa because I've acquired quite a few 411a's in the same block. I had be thinking about selling it and buying another SRa in a different block to use as a secondary hops Rx. If the board could simple be replaced in the block I prefer it would save me a lot of trouble.

Best,

Travis

Hi Larry,

I don't suppose I can request that my SRb upgrade be of a different block than my current SRa unit, can I?

I no longer use my SRa because I've acquired quite a few 411a's in the same block. I had be thinking about selling it and buying another SRa in a different block to use as a secondary hops Rx. If the board could simple be replaced in the block I prefer it would save me a lot of trouble.

Best,

Travis

See post #32, above.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

I do understand that, but I read somewhere that the SRb got around that and expanded the number of cameras that would take 2 channels of audio from the UNI adapter. I always understood that the limitation was the cameras, and not the SR (maybe that's wrong). I know Sony's slot is intended for Sony wireless, but the UNI is used for more cameras.

The Lectrosonics site doesn't acknowledge the SRb yet, and it looks like some inconsistent info is posted by unofficial sources (some are dealers).

Just an update: New boards for SRa upgrade to SRb will become available mid-November or early December. This is a LOOSE eta from Lectrosonics. If you'd like to go through us (Gotham Sound) for an upgrade please contact us and let up know the block and serial number of your receiver. Once the board for your block becomes available we will contact you to send it in.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Christina Z. Wittich

" We're not talking mid-october then, right ? "

it does not seem so... but maybe you could <cap>, and try begging, and maybe even crying...

as has been pretty clearly announced, Lectro will provide you an RMA when they are ready and able to do your upgrade(s).

" SRb MSRP ? "

that has been announced.