pani p2 files to transcript?

JCC

Hi,

I was recording interviews for transcription on a 552. My SD card sh!t the bed during the interviews.

I now have to figure out how to make the video files (probably mxf into pro res into ???)

Super small - or export audio files out of a timeline (with timecode) to get files to a transcription house that they can use.

Anybody have experience doing this? It's panasonic p2 files avc intra 100, 1080, 24p.

I'd obviously like to find the fastest way to pull this off.

I have fcpX and a good macbook pro.

John

I'm pretty sure Compressor would handle this, but you'd have to figure out the specific settings on how to pull out just the audio. I wonder if it might also work just to export MP4 video files from FCP, then do a save-as with QuickTime for audio only -- I seem to recall that was possible with at least one version of QuickTime Pro.

Thanks Gents.

I just discovered there is no timecode reader burn in fcpX. How stupid is that? There is a generator, but no reader, so you can read the tc from the timeline, but not source timecode.

I cannot figure out how to use compressor to do this, either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

John