SD 664 workshop at Location Sound

Blas Kisic

So I -and at least 49 other souls, apparently- have signed up to attend the espresso-fueled 664 workshop, hosted by Location Sound.

Since I missed the beer swilling gathering a few weeks ago, I figured I'd ask who here will be attending as well, so we can make it a mini-meet, maybe with a visit to the local Starbucks for further discussion. I'll be wearing my "Accept no subs" t-shirt...

What say you?

Closest Starbucks

11331 Camarillo Street, North Hollywood, CA 91602 @Riverside Drive

LOL - that's "my" Starbucks, as my studio is four blocks away. The only thing keeping me from going there more often is the CF that is parking during business hours, what with the ParkingNazi from the credit union across the lot...

So, will you be making an appearance at the 664 intro?

Just to clarify, SD are hiring an espresso truck, and I was specifically told "don't drink coffee before you come!" (they just don't know me - I'll have three or four espressos in a day if my wife let me!) IOW, the Starbucks idea was just an excuse to shoot the breeze after the intro...

Looking forward,

BK

Just to clarify, SD are hiring an espresso truck, and I was specifically told "don't drink coffee before you come!" (they just don't know me - I'll have three or four espressos in a day if my wife let me!) IOW, the Starbucks idea was just an excuse to shoot the breeze after the intro...

Looking forward,

BK

LSC has hired the great ladies from Lattes on Location to supply caffeine and munchies. They have always done an outstanding job for us on previous events. See you then!

There is also one right next to Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake. I would think that one is actually better for parking and such.

The Toluca Lake is, indeed, far more convenient, though not actually the closest location. Either way, I'm glad to hear some of youse are interested - I'm certainly planning on being there, and if Miramontes shows up, his espresso is on me.

Cheers,

BK

" See you then! "

Will you be showing your videos, and telling us about your family vacation ??

or will this be our first chance to actually see, feel, and hear a SD 664 ??

Actually, we will have a video of Sound Devices OLD facility. All shot at night ala Ghost Hunters. Much more fun I would think. ^-^

And we will have not one, but two live 664's. Thanks for asking.

Hmm I wanted to check this out but it now looks like I'm on set Monday. Bummer considering I'm highly interested in the 664... Guess I'll just have to wait for it to hit the showroom floor.

Speaking of showroom floor, does Location Sound have an estimate as to when it will be arriving / on sale?

Last word was that we should start to see sales stock around the second week of October.

However, history shows that Sound Devices likes to roll out product slowly at first and then

increase production as confidence rises that all is well. So, if you are not at or near the top of

the list, it may take a few weeks to get one.

Well, I had to flake out. Sorry for being a no-show. I did, however, show up around 1:30, for 20 minutes. Had a chance to see the back of Jeff's head and a couple of other notables, but wasn't able to stay for the duration.

What I saw (mostly channel assignments and power issues) seemed to be very well thought-out and I'm certain this is a good machine for the kind of work I'm doing. Looking forward to hear other members' comments.

Michael, if you were there, I still owe you coffee...

BK