Ask Stupid Questions Day....28 Sept

studiomprd

Because you can put metal in the microwave as long as it is one solid piece or is pieces bonded together over a broad area, isn't touching a second piece of metal in small areas, and isn't so thin that the high currents will melt it (foil). Since people rarely follow the rules carefully, the mantra is "Don't put metal in the microwave." You are correct that the inside of a microwave is metal. It is relatively thick, bonded electrically over large seams, and looks like one solid piece of metal. You can put an open metal pot or pan in a microwave with food to be heated as long as it is insulated from the metal insides of the microwave. A shallow pot is best to reduce shielding effects. Be prepared to punch the off button if you've miscalculated clearances. Or if I'm full of it.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-JNOr.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

If you stand at one of the poles of the earth and then walk a five foot circle around it, what time would your watch show if you had one of the new GPS watches? If you ran in a counter clockwise direction, could you go back in time or into the future depending if at the north or south pole?

If I buy all the right equipment, will I be a pro?

You can filter out that noise, can't you?

That's not a problem, is it?

How much money did you have for ADR?