Boom Recorder 8.3.0 release candidate

takev

The preferences are here:

Library/Containers/nl.vosgames.BoomRecorder/Data/Library/Preferences/nl.vosgames.BoomRecorder.plist

You can remove this file and boom recorder will start fresh (but you will need to re-enter your license code), you may also try and open it (when you have xcode installed) and remove the "selected_device" entry. This seems like a nasty problem, it seems that the ProTools CoreAudio driver still tells the system that the device exists even when it is not. Boom Recorder will first retrieve a list of all devices, when the name matches the one in the preferences it will open the device, if the device does not exist it will pick the first on the list.

I will need to see if I can catch an error during opening of the device and maybe able to get around it, I hope it is not too much work.

BTW, the old Boom Recorder should have the same problem, since nothing has changed with regards to how CoreAudio is handled.

But remember that the old Boom Recorder has the preferences located in a different place, so you would need to reproduce the same issue with the old Boom Recorder to test it out.

Ended up finding a solution in going to Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup and removing the Mac's (15" MBP Retina Quad) built in output and built in microphone from the Avid Aggregate device. Most definitely something funky with the Avid CoreAudio Manager I think.

Even after going back and reconnecting my Alesis device didn't seem to affect it. I also couldn't find that plist file you referenced. Fresh install of PT 10 and BR, but all good since making that adjustment to the Audio MIDI Setup.

The Library folder is hidden, if you open the Finder, and you go into the "Go" menu. When you hold the Alt key it will add the Library folder to this list.

There are also log files in the container, which could show what Boom Recorder is doing.

I guess something funky with aggregate device where part of it has gone away, I wonder if this also happens with another combination of aggregate devices, i.e. not with an Avid device.

Hello Simon,

Once in a while there are still bugs to be found, the new changes on the preferences and the sandboxing are difficult to exhaustively test, so at the moment I am still relying on customers to find bugs.

With the App Store I need to be much more careful since customers are not able to get back to an older version.

Take,

I have registered and begun to use the 8.3.0 rc. It's solid on Mountain Lion.

I like the main window's layout. The timeline during playback is brilliant!

I'm so used to horizontal meters that vertical seem weird now...strange.

Would you consider making the Take, Slate and Roll fields on the Sound Log window adjustable? This would make it possible to view this metadata when it contains more than a few characters.

When adjusting buffer size BR must be restarted.

I will report if there are any further notes.

Thanks for your hard work!

Eric

I am not yet sure what to do about the fields yet.

What happens when you change the buffer size? I was thinking of removing this feature since it does often more harm than good, and you can change it in the audio device utility or in the Audio MIDI Setup utility.

Take,

When I change the buffer size I must restart otherwise things don't sound right!

Eric

I am not yet sure what to do about the fields yet.

What happens when you change the buffer size? I was thinking of removing this feature since it does often more harm than good, and you can change it in the audio device utility or in the Audio MIDI Setup utility.