Sennheiser Ew100 antenna repair

Sam Kashefi

So i have two of these EW100 receivers with the same condition.

tried to open one of them , but antenna is somehow sealed into a plastic box.

Is there any way i can fix this by myself ? or do you know anyone who can do this?

i've contacted sennheiser here in dubai , but they just said " Buy a new one "

Thanks

post-1013-0-31054200-1349891706_thumb.jp

Thanks Tom ,

can you send me your Sennheiser dealer's contacts?

$10,$20 is worth it , since i have two units with the same problem.

i don't think i can find those spare antennas here in dubai.

Sennheiser dealer in here just sell new products.

You can buy the antennas direct from Sennheiser. Be sure to specify the block. Here in the U.S. the telephone number is: 1-877-736-6434 x 136. There might be an email contact for parts on the Sennheiser website. If you need to send the unit to Sennheiser for repair, you should know that Sennheiser has a flat rate repair charge of $120 for G2/3 tx and $205 for the G2/3 rx. I have replacement antennas in stock and can replace your antennas for you at $50 each but I'm not sure about the shipping time back & forth. You can contact me at audioetc@bellsouth.net for more information.

Eric

Eric,

will check with Sennheiser In Dubai , if it's no go then i'll ship it to you for a service.

Merci ! ( Thanks In Farsi )

It's also thanks in French. If it turns out that you want me to do the repair we'll have to talk via email or Skype. What blocks are the units tuned for as there are no parts available for any Sennheiser wireless here above 700MHz or Sennheiser block C.

Eric

is it possible to mount a SMA connector , so you can be able to screw or unscrew the antenna quickly and easy to change ?

I don't think there's enough space to mount the SMA connector effectively. Even if there were the electronic connections are not the same for the SMA antenna. The G series antennas have an active electronic block at the base that allows for a single PCB connection.

Eric

• 6 months later...