Shoulder Harness for ENG Equipment

Omar Milano

Hello ENG/Reality Mixers,

I am trying to get a basic audio package for ENG type work, and I was wondering which harness would you recommend? This is for a SD 302 and receivers.

I am 6'5" - 250 lbs.- and I need something that will fit me comfortably. I was looking at the Versa-Flex HS1, since the Porta Brace harnesses do not look as rugged and durable as the VF.

Thank you.

Since this is my very first post, please excuse me for anything not post etiquette.

I have bought every harness from Porta Brace, Kata, to Versa-Flex.  I have found that the Petrol PEHR-N is the only harness I like since it has padding all around the shoulders and release clips for the lumber region.  I like it so much I went and purchased another one for backup after still using the first one for several years.  The added plus is its only $120 then the $150 or so for the Versa-Flex (The last time I bought one which was a year ago).

The only gripe I have is the size of the harness.  I have a small frame and the harness is not conducive to mixers who do not have medium to large upper bodies.  Otherwise I would recommend it.

There are more versions of the Versa-Flex harness.  The HS1 which is what everyone owns, the HS2 which the shoulder straps are narrower and the HS-3 which is smaller and made for people of smaller stature/female mixers.  I use the HS2 and find it more comfortable than the HS1 which the shoulder straps are too wide.  The 2 & 3 versions are not carried buy the dealers.  Since I'm in the Cleveland market and the owner of Versa-Flex is here I'm giving a local a shameless plug !!

There are more versions of the Versa-Flex harness.  The HS1 which is what everyone owns, the HS2 which the shoulder straps are narrower and the HS-3 which is smaller and made for people of smaller stature/female mixers.  I use the HS2 and find it more comfortable than the HS1 which the shoulder straps are too wide.  The 2 & 3 versions are not carried buy the dealers.  Since I'm in the Cleveland market and the owner of Versa-Flex is here I'm giving a local a shameless plug !!

I feel like my Petrol PHER-N is a tad big for me... I would happily trade it for a VersaFlex HS2...