Ambient Lanc Logger

aristotle_kumpis

I should take a picture of the little lash-up I've used with these cameras: Denecke SB-T (with internal batteries), and Lectro SR-A with a 12VDC battery pack, tied together. I've successfully been able to nail it to EX3's and Epics with no problem. The Canon C300 is a pain in the ass. I have sometimes resorted to just velcroing it to the tripod, and that can work, though it's not ideal.

Haven't used the Ambient Lanc, but it's been discussed briefly here and there. I agree, their manuals are not great.

hi,

i use the lanclogger as replacement for the bigger clockits on all those small cameras. it works as accurately as every other clockit and the cameraguys love it, of course... ( small and light ). ambient is about to come out with a new design of these small units, might be the lanc logger will soon be discontinued....http://www.ambient.de/en/news/detailpage/article/TINY-LOCKIT.html

and yes, the battery door is quite odd :-) it took me about 10mins to figure out how it works on first sight. but in the end it was just brute force, paired with a slight twist.

the unit runs 12h+ on a pair of good aaa-alkalines. didnt test rechargeables so far, i guess they will not last for a whole day.