on set no epic timecode

I'm on set feeding an epic tc through a hardline from my 788T into the 5 pin lemo on the Pro i/o. I've set the epic to external tc but its not picking up the tc. We've taken it off external and manually set it to time of day. I then checked my 788 and discovered it's receiving tc from the epic back through my tc cable's tc out on xlr. I'm jammed up but confused as to what I'm missing. I'll have to do the same with a scarlet in a few hours. The AC is no help.

Thanks,

Parker

It's possible you have a mis-wired cable.

With the Epic, the small letters "TC" light up in the lower portion of the display when it's receiving time code. When the letters are RED, the Epic is receiving incoming time code but is not jamming to it. When the "TC" is green, the Epic is jamming to the incoming time code.

I've jacked into the scarlet and it worked fine. It seems like the pro i/o tc input is either turned off or set to output. I've given up on it and I'm using the 4 pin, which means I have to leave the scarlet on its own clock.

A couple of side notes on the pro i/o. It allows you to use a line input but unchecks the box, reverting to Mic, when the camera cycles power. This will obviously screw you.

Also the ch3/4 level controls did not work for me. I lined up tone by decreasing the output gain on the 788t.

thanks for the info and update Parker. I've been working with the Epic (Scarlet as backup) for several months and we now have the ProI/O unit. TC works fine with Lockit. via 5pin Lemo. Audio is still a crapshoot. only sending editorial guidetrack via G3 to track 3, but occasional mystery problems pop up.