Batteries4Broadcast NP1's and Charger

Michael Miramontes

I just bought a pair of B4B's NP1's and charger. After searching around for affordable NP1's I decided to pull the trigger with B4B. I figured if anyone else was contemplating this then it may be a good idea to post some pics/experience with them. I'll be sure to update this post after using them for a while.

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082-1.jpg

IMG_2083-1.jpg

I bought one and the 4 bang charger. I sent the charger back because it will not charge my IDX batteries. I kept the np1 but it is hard to remove from my Deva, so I only buy IDX now.

Darrell

There are a few threads about mixing IDX batteries and chargers with other brands. IDX work a little differently.

I have been using NP1s from B4B for almost a year and I've been really happy with them for performance, price and customer service. With my 442, DR-680, two Lectro receivers, boom mic on phantom and a Zax hop all running off the NP1, I've only had to swap it for a fresh one on one shoot after about 13 hours.

Another happy B4B NP1 user here :-) Have 4 units, and they're working great. It's true they are 1mm thicker than other brands,which make them a bit difficult to use inside the Deva/Fusion . I'm charging them with a IDX 4 bay charger .

Eric, I'm still using an older IDX ION-2... Which IDX charger are you using?

• 4 weeks later...

I bought two sets of these: https://www.globalme...-DCUF3-Adapter/

I sold my IDX charger and three NP's which covered the cost of the global media batteries. So! instead of having one charger and three batteries. I now have two chargers and 4 batteries. And! they have a longer running time than NP's. Win!

@Justan Dang! I should have gone that route. I bought B4B v-mounts. I got a 2 bay charger and three 6Ah batteries for about $1,000. I probably paid a V-mount tax. Originally I wanted more capacity (the 10Ah model), but the batteries were physically too large (size specs on the site were wrong).

I've been using some of those BP-95 from Vect, same as the Global media pro. Made my own looms running off the battery D-tap - The life on them is awesome - 1 battery will run s442/hdp2/2xlectro200's and 1x411 for a couple of days with judicious turning off.

Couple of small issues, they're thicker and dont fit in my bag quite as well - The voltage is quite high @16.8v at full charge, which some machines, supposedly the HD-P2 don't like, but I've never seemed to have a problem.