Considering a CMIT 5U

JDirckze

Thanks to my tax man I've decided to treat myself this X-Mas.

My usual gig is ENG/EFP run n gun reality type stuff, a mix of indoor and outdoor, some extremes of temperature, and I was wandering if this mic would be suitable for my situation as a replacement to the MKH416? I'm using a Wendt X5.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I love my CMIT; use it all the time.  This week I've been shooting in a marbled space with 25' ceilings, and the filters saved my ass.  The CMC6/41, my usual go to mic, just couldn't cut through the mud.  With the high freq. boosted and low freq. rolled off on the CMIT, the dialog came forward and the boomy room reflections were greatly reduced.  It's my not so secret weapon for extremely live rooms.

Travis

The scales seem to be balanced at this stage...

Thing is, I don't own the 416 I am using, it is the production companies kit, and currently the only mic I have in my kit, which is the reason I'm thinking of getting a new shotgun mic. Perhaps I should also consider the new offer from DPA?

Jason-

I was deliberating over the CMIT as well.  Here's a brief thread re: it's robustness in humid situations.

http://www.jwsound.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1498.msg9947#msg9947

I'm biding my time to hear more about the DPA 4017.

It might be slightly more expensive, but I won't be splitting hairs over price differences.  +/- 300 bucks once you're in the $2K range is not worth losing sleep, IMO.

Cheers,

Brian