Miking vs. micing

Brandon Pert

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get through a 30 year career using mics, mic'ing things I needed to record, and occasionally telling people who needed to know how I'd mic'd those things. One of my favorite boom operators is named Mike.

One of my Rycote windjammers was named Natasha. I've never owned a BMW, and I'm pretty sure "micking"

would mean acting like an Irish person, unless you were at a Stones concert.

• 1 month later...

Wow never thought this would be so controversial a topic. I slaughter grammer and spelling all if the time on the forum, especially when I'm typing away on my phone.

Obviously it doesn't really matter either way since everyone knows what you mean either way. Just wondered if anyone else preferred miking as opposed to micing. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings! Lol!

@atheisticmystic- I'm sorry, who are you again? How can you say i have a libidinal economy when you don't know me or my intentions? Easy to throw insults around when you don't have a name on here. I'm not trying to be a smarty pants just trying to have a discussion on a discussion group. Please introduce yourself I'd love to meet you! ;)

Hey Brandon,

No insult intended, my apologies if that was how you read it.

As for libidinal economies, we all have them, and they're not dirty or a shortcoming.

I re-read your OP, and my response, and I was responding to your invitation brother. You asked if you were being too nit-picky, and you stated that you hoped your clarification helped some of us here. I gave my honest response that, from reading your post, you seemed more invested in sharing what you thought you knew.

As far as me having a "name here".....WTF?

Best

@atheisticmyatic- Apology not necessary sorry for the misunderstanding. I probably am a bit nit picky and a libidinal economy isn't such a bad thing - you are right. I apologize your name doesn't show up on my phone. Re-readings post I kind of came off as an ass. I'm not, and I'm gonna blame low blood sugar on that. :)

I might have been interested in sharing what I thought I knew seeking confirmation. I got that confirmation which was nice. Sorry for misunderstanding your tone I have enjoyed some of your other posts. I still don't know your name but I'm sure I'll see it later when im on a computer.

Brandon,

My attitude does comes across as snarky at times; I know that about myself (my own psychical exchange has it's problem areas).

I'm glad we got through it in the end, and look forward to future misunderstandings with respectful resolutions !

Your avatar makes me want to go hug my baby girl,

Steven Scott Deichen