744T- Can it record 24fps Fmode?

JimV

My Sound devices 744T (currently running 2.66 firmware), appears to only have the option of 48.048kF mode in 30ND frame rate. Does anyone know if the hard disk recorder has the ability to record at 48.048Khz F-mode with true 24frame rate. I have heard that perhaps it can if I do the firmware update, but I read the update specs on the sound devices website, and frame rates/sample rates were not listed. I have a feeling the upgrade only applies to the 788T, but if anyone can shed some light, i'd appreciate it.

I was doing 2nd unit on a series, and those were the specs provided by post. They wanted F mode in order to cheat (fostex) 48000Khz sample rate. I looked into it, and the 744T does not provide F-mode for true 24fps... you can however record at 30ND, but this didn't help me. Resolution: record at 48048/ 24fps and make a note that I was not recording in Fmode. Post informed me they would have to preform a pulldown - problem solved. SD should get on that!