Rycote Softie lyres and plugon transmitter

Chris Lange

Are the lyre shockmounts in the Rycote Softie grip able to comfortably hold a mic with a plugon transmitter on the end?

You can with the old 'rubber doughnut' style, but I'm wondering if the lyres might bend too far or bounce about with the weight of the transmitter.

I know this setup isn't ideal, but it can be useful for ENG (to put a mic at a podium, etc), and attaching the plugon to the end of the handle doesn't work if it is being attached to a stand.

Chris

You can get Lyres of different hardnesses, you'd probably need the harder formulation if you're using something like a 416 with a Softie and a plug on.

Though on second thoughts, if it's going to be stationary, such as on a small stand on a podium, the standard lyres will be fine!

Thanks Jon. Are the different hardness listed on the Rycote site? I can't seem to find them

The INV7-HG-MKIII can take it. It's made for mikes with the BBG or other heavy stuff on it. I use it with an mkh50 with a bbg and it works great IMHO.

Thanks Ollie, definitely something to look at