Hello! I had a question. I'm on a UCLA shoot and they have these lavs and I really like them, I've attached a picture, the wind screen doesn't come off as their cage glued them on. But the element is very small and it has a mechanism that can be put on a sennheiser g3. Any ideas as to what it is? I want to say it's a countryman but I'm not sure.

post-7256-0-04947100-1353105312_thumb.jp

post-7256-0-98871800-1353105610_thumb.jp

Hi, and welcome,

" not sure what to do about the glue.. "

do nothing! return them just as they were checked out. if you modify them, or remove the w/s, the person checking them out will be charged.

If you acquire them, the screen will not be glued on....

I guess you figured out that by asking the proper folks a question, you get the correct answer. OST's have been frequently, and recently discussed on jwsoundgroup.net.

Make the students leave a deposit! Check the equipment when it's returned! Hey, there are real rental companies that will do this in some cases. Ain't no such thing as a free lunch (or free windscreen). Come to think of it, I can imagine many cases where I definitely don't want a windscreen, especially I'm trying to hide a lav under thin fabric...

My favorite thing is frequently telling actors to let me take the mic off... and them frequently handing me a pile of spaghetti and a clip with a bent pin(s)... or better still... "Where's the clip?"... "What are you talking about?"... "How do you think the mic stayed on?"... "Oh... um... I don't know where it is."

Seeing windscreens glued on is no surprise to me... (in the above scenario if I used a screen, then that too would be gone).

After asking the same actor to let me take off the mic (for about the 10th time)... *sigh*... yeah... it would be less stressful to be able to say to somebody, "Hey I'm not going to worry about this anymore, but just so you know each time this happens I'm billing the production $20 for a screen/clip/shipping..."

(not to mention that if I didn't go back and try to find the clip/screen on the ground each time, I'd be out of clips and screens in one day... fortunately I almost never use a windscreen anymore as the lavs are hidden 99%)