TRX900AA and 442 issue

Michael P Clark

The issues were all internal. I have 3 units that had shorts in the power. The unit would drain the batteries in about 20 min and they would not transmit anything. The units would also get very hot very quickly. I was told by the folks at zaxcom that the short was due to not allowing the paint to dry before they shipped. I feel like that may be part of the issue that I'm having with one unit now.

The other issue was that the TX would not receive input on the left channel. Turns out it was a cold solder point. I sent it in twice and it was corrected.

Like I said before when these things work they work great and sound great. I do use these all the time on MY shoots. I own a rental house in Las Vegas and I do not send out the Zaxcom unless they are specifically requested and I always feel a bit nervous when they do go out.

One really interesting issue with them is the mute function in the rx. when the rx does not have adequate rf levels it mutes. when the signal is intermittent the mute turn on and off. It sounds very weird and at first I had no idea what it was.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as a negative slant is cast, to be fair, and for the benefit of those gathering information here, it would be best to play nice and be specific. What actions? What did they both say? What were they reacting too?

Glen Trew

Let's not forget Glenns' actions at the Sony lot when JP demoed the Cantar. Or the private emails he sends threatening legal action for saying Zaxcom products don't perform as advertised.

I have never had the owner of GM send me emails when I complain about my vehicle that fails to perform on their own user group, let alone a public one. I have never seen the owner of Ford show up at a Chrysler/Daimler release party and fly off the handle, and I have been to many. Or when Apple pokes at Microsoft. We have all see the ads and they are funny. Pepsi at Coke Cola. The list goes on and on.

These are just my personal observations, but if this wasn't such a niche market, competition and their customer service record would kill them off.