Oscar Sound Tech TL-40 Lav Pics & Sound Test

Ryan Farber

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use a moleskin sandwich and double sided tape to attach to clothing or skin as the situation warrants.  I find myself using TL-40 lavs more and more these days.  The cable is a little thick and not very flexible, but I can afford to keep a whole lot more colors of the mics in my kit and can leave wires on talent when transmitters need to move to another actor when a scene changes.

On December 1, 2015 12:08:56 PM, PedroAdamastor said:

Im also looking for a good solution to hide the TL40. Anyone using this DPA concealer? 4061 or 4071? Is there any other better solution?
Thanks

I bought the DMM0012 for the 4060. I bought four, actually.
They work incredibly well.

It comes with a couple of their double-sided round pieces of tape, but I just use 1" Topstick and cut them to fit.

Works better than the RM11, in my opinion. Very smooth edges.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah Sheets said:

It comes with a couple of their double-sided round pieces of tape, but I just use 1" Topstick and cut them to fit.

Somebody on this board recommended one of these for the 0012, Jeremiah. Works great! I get three perfectlly fitting circles of topstick out of a 1" tab:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OMYCXK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

On 2/26/2014, 9:15:30, dominiquegreffard said:

If the movie you re working on involves a lot of screaming you ll be disapointed since it will distort much more than a cos-11. Hey, its a 110$ mic..

It's great for average level dialog though.

This is true. It's a great, affordable upgrade from ME2, but I've experienced capsule overloads from yelling/laughing...

On 03/12/2015, 05:22:55, Jeremiah Sheets said:

Jeremiah is it possible to ask you some photos of the  DMM0012 with the TL40? To understand the size and how you use it? Thanks a lot :-)

• 1 year later...