Petrol 664 Bag

justanross

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else having a difficult time getting to the CF/SD card door with the Petrol 617?

Tom, I read your article and it was great but trying to figure out how you have it laid out where the door is accessible.  Also, trying to find a sweet spot for the BDS.  I like where you had it but didn't like it hitting the 664.  I have never owned a petrol, I've had the same Porta-Brace AO-1.5 for the last 9 years so I guess I am used to that layout.  

I don't have any difficulty getting the card door open, but I do have a hard time grabbing the CF card with the TC Lemo still plugged in. I have the CL-6 divider panel between the 664 and the lectro's and BDS and the BDS is clipped to the 4th (right most) elastic strap attached to the front wall of the main compartment.  The far side of the divider panel sits between the BDS and the 664 body and sometimes the top of the BDS does touch the mixer; I might add a piece of moleskin or something, but it doesn't concern me now.

post-670-0-53721000-1359744078_thumb.jpg

I've been a little disappointed that the Petrol 617 does not have as much "storage" space compared to the PS602. Additionally it does not have any handles like the other Petrol bags and is more of a "bag" and less "boxy". As a results when you set it down, it often tips over.

All those things considered, I still feel it is the best option out there.

I just picked up my 617 bag from my local cobbler. That's right. Cobbler is not just a desert. Anyway I had him add 2 more wireless pouch "brackets" on the front ends of the bag using the Petrol PS604 kits. I thinks with those additional pockets, I'll be content.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...