"Jaroussky: Portrait a haute voix" on FRANCE2 Dec 10

Philip Perkins

Well midnight...

Anyway you can try to see the whole movie at this link :

http://www.pluzz.fr/france2/

It will be on the website (clic on "replay") a few days after being on the air. If you click on "direct" you should be able to see it at midnight (thats 6 or 5 pm in NY)

Sorry for late reply...could you explain something more about your experience?

You mean with Philippe or about the job? Philippe is very friendly and outgoing, and utterly dedicated to music. He understood all of the issues involved with making a film that he is at the center of, and made things as easy for us as he could. He had a great relationship with the director, Jeremy Rozen, and that friendship really informs the film.

The sound part of the shoot was the usual verite-doc deal following Philippe around SF and in rehearsals with the Apollo's Fire ensemble, alternating with doing music recording of the ensemble w/ Philippe in a concert hall. It was a scramble to cover both by myself but I was pretty happy with what we got.

philp

You mean with Philippe or about the job? Philippe is very friendly and outgoing, and utterly dedicated to music. He understood all of the issues involved with making a film that he is at the center of, and made things as easy for us as he could. He had a great relationship with the director, Jeremy Rozen, and that friendship really informs the film.

The sound part of the shoot was the usual verite-doc deal following Philippe around SF and in rehearsals with the Apollo's Fire ensemble, alternating with doing music recording of the ensemble w/ Philippe in a concert hall. It was a scramble to cover both by myself but I was pretty happy with what we got.

philp

Thanks Philip! Great experience, I'm sure. Did you record the full ensemble plus PJ? Could you give more technical details?