Cable to jam TC from Nomad to TS-2(SB) to Alexa?

ESM

I've read this post, and think I understand it:

I've also read over this: http://www.denecke.c...ments/ts2sb.pdf but I still have a question.

I'll be working on an Arri Alexa short film production (my first Alexa shoot) next week. We're renting a Nomad Lite and a Denecke TS-2(SB) slate. I'm unsure of what cable I'll need to jam from the Nomad to the slate, and then from the slate to the Alexa.

Do I need a 1/4 to 5-pin Lemo cable? Or will I need two different cables?

Background: I have two years of production sound recording experience (on a Tascam DR-680) and the crew I usually worked with used an old school slate. I'm trying to transition to production sound mixing (as soon as I can afford a Nomad Lite). In September, I attended Mark Ulano's sound mixing class at the Maine Media Workshops, where we jammed TC from a Deva to a Denecke slate (beginning of the day, and after lunch). So I've jammed before, but I'm still in the early stages of the learning curve.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to consider using a Denecke SB-T timecode box on the Alexa, jammed from your Nomad. That's what I've used on most shoots. The camera department can either periodically jam or run the Alexa entirely in external for the day -- their choice. We've found the Alexa to generally be quite stable and will hold a timecode jam for at least 4-5 hours without a problem. Be warned that the camera does tend to go stupid after a varispeed shot (like 48fps or 96fps), and they will need to rejam then; the timecode typically goes to "00:00:00:00" at that point, since they're generally non-sync shots.

I have never jammed from a slate to a camera, but it should theoretically work.