Solution for female tugging talent

Earmuffs

The last 3 days we've been dealing with an actress who constantly tugs on her mic and tells us we're not doing our jobs right when it comes loose. She kept insisting that she needed a vamp mount, I told her I didn't have one to fit the mic but really I didn't want her getting stabbed due to her tugging. I dreamed up this rig last night on my way home. She calls it the tit mic since it clamps to the inside of one of her bra cups. A tl-40, hush lav and hair clip. Sounds great with no noise.

post-2059-1355870561.jpg

Malcolm,

It's the "Hush Lav", made out of make-up foam, available in black or white. The black bleeds when wet, so not ideal product, but useful on occasion. I have a couple of packs, but don't use them much. The head of the mic does not need to be exposed, so does provide isolation and some wind protection when tucked in.

Robert

• 1 month later...

I'm still having trouble picturing this, maybe because I'm very close to base when it comes to lav micing, or maybe my experience with bras is stuck on 1st base; I see the moleskin in the picture, but wouldn't the other end of the hair clip still rub against her skin if it was under the bra cup? Unless you are facing the mic head towards her sternum...anyway I'm just not picturing it

Superglue it to one of her nipples - She will only yank on it once more.

Seriously, that is a great looking rig, I'll have to give that one a try sometime. I've become partial to the moleskin sandwich and topstick / Stylist tape, and I haven't had any pull off the clothing even when being worn by an athlete (male and female both) out for a vigorous run. Perhaps I've just been lucky so far. 

As a method of strain relief, what about running the cable (with transpore to secure it) along the bra strap and over the shoulder? Either that, or around the side under the bra, and down the middle of her back? I've found a lot less monkeying with the cable happens when I rig it over the shoulder, for men and women.