My cart for the Gallery?

cstauffer

Thanks a lot guys. I put a lot of thought into using as much of the space as I could so I would essentially have pretty much everything on the one cart that I would ever need when wheeling in somewhere. So far so good, with the very odd exception.

Richard, I am sure it is obvious but I used PVC and glued on one end closed, and on the other end a screw on end, which in the world of plumbing, I believe it is a clean out access. They have travelled in baggage on my limited trips abroad. Keeps booms safe.

Thanks again guys!

CRAIG

Hi Craig, Nice cart. I have a few questions as I'm always thinking of ways to build a better my cart.

How do you get the front panel to stick to the side of the case? Velcro?

Any pic's of the back of the cart?

Are the RF's on top detachable and why did you decide to not enclose them in a case also?

Do you run off a block battery?

Are all your connectors coming off the side of your 106+1 right angled?

Does the back of your cart have to be open to fully function?

What do you have to do to the cart if you have to ship it?

If you could change anything about your setup what would it be?

What's your favorite flavor fruit roll-up?

Thanks,

Mirror

Thanks Mirror. Attached is an iphone photo of the back of the cart. Sorry for the sideways shot. Could not figure how to turn it.

post-1-0-40354500-1358033946_thumb.jpg

How do you get the front panel to stick to the side of the case? Velcro?

I had the guy who made my cart put it on what I would call pin hinges. Lifts off the hinges for removal. Then I had him put two identical pin hinges on the outside of the box lid so it could sit on the side of the cart like in the picture. Locks in place at the back with two cabinet type door latches made of brass. I cannot remember what they are called, but it holds it firmly in place over rocky terrain.

Any pic's of the back of the cart?

See Attached pic

Are the RF's on top detachable and why did you decide to not enclose them in a case also?

Yes, it is removable. It locks in place on top with two road case locking latches. It in itself is a little road case. It has front and back removable lids. I usually just leave it where it is though, but did take the whole thing up to Yellowknife on a recent job. It still got packed in a giant pelican case though just for added safety.

Do you run off a block battery?

I have a 45Ah battery and another 33Ah I can hook in for extra run time if needed, used with the PSC Powermax Ultra.

Are all your connectors coming off the side of your 106+1 right angled?

Yes.

Does the back of your cart have to be open to fully function?

No. Just for connecting wires to XLR patchbay on back.

What do you have to do to the cart if you have to ship it?

I break it down and things inside it go in pelican cases, but so far I have not had a job that I have taken the cart with me. I am told that, to go in an airplane cargo hold, it would have to lay on its side and that might be a problem with the axle sticking out the sides where the big wheels attach. Could lay on its back I suppose. Maybe on day I will be brave if that type of job ever comes up.

If you could change anything about your setup what would it be?

Weigh less, sometimes the non access to sides gets to you. Otherwise it is just how I want it. I roll up and pretty much have what I need to do my job. Though I do need to get a better thing going for tow rigs and small over the shoulder situations. Right now I have to grab things out of the cart and put them in my Petrol set up. I guess one day the best situation would be to have a Nomad, or something like it, as well, and some redundant receivers sitting there ready to go. More money though....

What's your favorite flavor fruit roll-up?

Well, if I had ever actually eaten those I would hope for raspberry...

Just as an aside....the UHF amplifiers I got about 2 years ago is one of the best things, gear wise, I got for the carts functionality, besides the Deva Fusion. That has just become a life saver more times than I can remember. Thanks for your interest guys.

CRAIG

• 9 months later...