Welcome to JWSOUNDGROUP
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AA & UM-3 Battery Length - Differences from brand to brand?

batteries aa um-3 Pro 7A

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dave

Dave
Hi All,

I have an older hardwired Audio Technica Pro 7A LAV that I was hoping to use for occasional public speaking gigs ; in emergencies when wireless is a problem.

It runs with a hard-wired single AA battery pack. My issue is that AA batteries are no longer fitting into the battery compartment - the battery (brand new Duracell) is too long and therefore too tight to get into the receptacle. I'm afraid to force it in and cause damage. I could swear that when I first got the mic a AA would fit without any issues. Have they started making these current AA's a bit longer?

Inside the compartment it indicates a "UM-3" battery, a Japanese AA equivalent? Maybe there's a slight difference in the dimension/length????

Thanks for any tips - much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Dave

Eric Toline

Eric Toline
  • LocationCoral Springs Florida
A UM-3 is 13.9mm in diameter and 50mm long as are all AA batterys. Could be that the flex contacts are a bit stiff and not flexing as they did. Push the battery in and the contacts will give a bit. Also make sure there's no gunk under the contact plate that's stopping the contact from flexing.

Eric
"I push the Record button and hope for the best"

Rick Reineke

Rick Reineke
  • LocationNYC
Don't know about the AT compartment, but on most, the negative (flat end) goes in first, then compress the spring or contacts to side in the + end.
Refugee from the spam infested RAMPS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users