All day Batteries

Tim M

what is the weight of the Buff battery as is.  I checked the Buff site, however there was nothing about the battery weight.

Thanks

David

I'll take one of the Buff batteries into the post office to get an exact weight. I used to have a postal scale but gave it away... I can tell you that it's way less than a Hytron 140 (like half)... it feels a lot closer to a Hytron 50. I'm guessing about 2lbs (vs. an NP1 which weighs about 1 pound).

The dimensions are exactly 1.5/8" x 3.7/8" x 5.7/8"  (so approx. 1.5" x 4" x 6")

It easily fits in the back battery pocket of my Petrol bag with plenty of room to spare... where I used to keep (2) NP1s (one in the cup, and one spare)... the two of which filled that compartment completely.

I also changed over from NP's. Here is what I use: https://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A2G3L2/Globalmediapro-SCQ2-DC-U-2-channel-Charger-2-x-DCU95-Battery-95WH-with-D-Tap-DCUF3-Adapter/

I've been very happy with them the last year. Infact, I just ordered some more.

I wish they had US distribution. Between shipping and my bank's wire transfer fees it adds over $100 to the cost. Still a good deal, but frustrating. 

I wish they had US distribution. Between shipping and my bank's wire transfer fees it adds over $100 to the cost. Still a good deal, but frustrating. 

Must be different for you guys in the states. I had the option of doing a transfer or I could go into the Hong Kong Bank of Canada and deposit cash right into there account. No fees or anything. And shipping wasn't that bad.

Berreta, I don't use facebook, would you be able to supply a non-facebook link for the switch Redding uses.

Thanks

David

David, the facebook link is a link to the same pictures I posted. The switch I used is the same exact SPST switch Battery Bud uses for power on/off.

• 6 months later...

+1 for the Alphamix. I use that with an r-44 and have enough juice with a single lith np-1 for two plus days.

As for these alternative solutions-- thank you guys so much for this thread! I am one hundred percent going to check out this lithium gel battery. FWIW, do you think someone will make an NP style battery using this technology? It seems like something the size of a hawk woods stubby would get similar life to the blue lith idx...