V-Control Pro iPad App to control Pro Tools

I just discovered this fabulous iPad app, V-Control Pro from Neyrinck and it's only $50. Apologies if this has already been covered here. 

I can open any Pro Tools Session and control it from my iPad, adjust individual channels, groups and more. I'm really loving it.

http://youtu.be/978LhiLqqQI

Crew,

I've been playing with it for two days now. The ability to do all this from your iPad, and make changes on the fly remotely really is a bonus. It took me a while to finally setup the mac and pro tools to "see" the iPad. The site's support group got me the answers.

Once it's setup the iPad and Pro tools talk with out any lag time at all.

http://www.neyrinck.com/v-control-pro

A pretty fantastic application! 

For me, when I do playback, I foresee it as an easy tool to walk up to the Director at the Village and play the track, find cues, audition, without waiting for him/her to come over to my cart.

The software has an "Edit Panel" window, that has a lot of features.

post-273-0-32295300-1358305198_thumb.jpg

You can Auto Write: Volume, Pan, Send Volume, toggle a channel plug-in. Bring up Tools: Trim, Zoom, Select, Scrub, Grab, Pencil. You can set up to 8 Memory Locations and much more.

There is also a "KeyPad" window.

post-273-0-03964500-1358306034_thumb.jpg

The advantage here, is it frees you up from the keyboard commands and mouse - however I've seen many who are wickedly fast with those tools.

I have yet do do much editing with it, but I'll dive into that in a few days. The software is so inexpensive, why not buy it and play. I think you'll be surprised at how well it will fit your needs.

Thanks for reminding me about this app and the numerical pad.

I already have the app,mount haven't used it for awhile.

But I have been filling in on some ADR recording at work , and the setup in the smaller room isn't that great ergonomic wise.

Typing in the numbers for the cues is a hassle. And I was just about to buy a keypad.

I'll try V-Controls first. See how that goes.

• 1 year later...