Jamming an Alexa with a Zaxcom ERX2TCD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought since I have taken so much from this forum I should give something back. My ERX2TCD would not jam an Alexa the other day with a custom lemo/5pin xlr split cable I made. The problem turned out to be not enough voltage coming from the ERX2TCD's default timecode output voltage of .062. This was enough voltage to pass the test of jamming my 664, but not enough for the camera. Here's the fix: enter the extended menu by powering down the receiver and power up while holding the menu button, scroll though the options by pressing the menu button until you get to the "TC Output Level" menu. Use the arrows to turn it up to 0.250. Hope this helps someone.

cheers,

Andy

andy

I have jammed Alexa with 1v without a problem.

the only issue with the Alexa is that the camera LCD shows TC delayed a second. But internally the TC is correct.

>>So my IFB100 with v8.12 transmitting to ERX2TCD is fine, as well?

Sorry for my delay in responding, I don't keep up with forums very well..  Yes 8.12 is fine.

>>is the difference I'm seeing here (anywhere from 1 to 6 frames), the result of a display lag in the ERX's LCD screen?

The ERX has s slow LCD screen so it will appear delayed.

Also note that no matter how fast the screen is on any timecode display, a photographic comparison between two synchronized devices can always appear to be off by 1 frame depending on when you took the photo.

-howy

• 8 months later...