Rest in Peace Scott Robinson

old school

A good friend, and great Key Grip, Scott Robinson passed away December 29th. Anyone who had the pleasure to work with him knows what we have lost. The only thing Scott loved more than film making, was his family, Jane, Michael, and Caitlin. Those who knew him were lucky and those who didn't will never know what they missed. He may be gone, but will long be remembered as a friend, family man, and as good a colleague as one could have. R I P Bro.

CrewC

I remember his relief one very late night in the middle of the forest of a far away white powder ski resort where he and some other grips had run out of fuel of the midnight patrol ski mobilers and I was able to rescue them with a few gallons of 2 stroke. Seems we in the resort were monitoring the progress of the patrol  on very early walkies and experimenting with radio wave propagation bouncing of the snow covered hills. (Anyway that was the reason brought up latter). Otherwise they were pretty well fueled up and after that my sound cart was "safe" on the grip/electric truck and I did not have to show up at pre-call to rescue my gear from the early morning patrolling . Yes, it was a small ski movie that went union after a visit by DiTolla (yep it was a few years ago) and a generous donation by the producers to the connected folks personal fuel bills. I think this was the time a lot of us got "in"...  Seems we had so much fun then...  Miss you Scott ...