Canon EOS 1DC and timecode?

It's only for matching 'time code' between cameras. There is no way to get true SMPTE TC onto the camera.

That blows, I was looking at this DSLR for purchase. Going to look at C100 and C300 instead for topside shooting. Going to consider the new 7d coming out for underwater. Also would be less costly to replace if my housing floods.

That blows, I was looking at this DSLR for purchase. Going to look at C100 and C300 instead for topside shooting. Going to consider the new 7d coming out for underwater. Also would be less costly to replace if my housing floods.

Canon has just released a 6D, the 7D has been out for a while.

I need to again break out my T-shirt that says:  "Real Professionals Don't Use Toy Cameras."

The lack of timecode on these cameras can be a nightmare, particularly when an editing database is munged and the reels are not carefully identified. Once those links are busted, the whole show can collapse. And re-editing is still very dodgy. So the lack of timecode is not just a sound problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm not convinced this is referenced phase-accurate timecode -- I think it's BSTC (bullshit timecode). Even a $10,000 camera like the EOS-1D is still a toy camera. The Canon C100, C300, and C500 are all real cameras that can do an OK job, but those still need external TC boxes for day-long accuracy, particularly with the sound department and when used with other cameras.