Tactical gear/bags

fieldmixer

The little doll/toy thingy hanging off the front of the bag is the kind of personal touch that gets my vote for favourite bag on JW. Tough guy military and cutesy all in on go, I say a win for Steven. The plat is a bonus touch.

ROTFLMAO !

Thanks, Nate. My daughter's carpenter pixie helps me feel a little closer to her when Im on the road for long stretches. I may even add some more...lol.

Best

Yes, I would volunteer to take it for a run. Very interested. I like the harness part. This is a tease, because I can't see a side view. Seems like the recorder might be a bit too low, and stick out a lot. I can't tell much from the picture. In a design where the gear was two or three inches higher, crouching would be possible, and it might not bounce so much on a run, but still...difficult to tell from the picture. I would also love to see how snug it would fit. Wondering if this is the same version Porta-Brace rolled out at NAB earlier this year..or has it been updated? Arg. 

If you want to keep using your Stingray bag, look at the new K-Tek harness. It has all the molle straps you could use on a harness and more breathable than a vest. Plus it moves the weight down to your hips properly.

http://ktekpro.com/product/kshrn1-stingray-harness/

Yes.

I'll admit to you Dave, your new harness is the first thing to possibly sway me from my system. Im going to check it out at LSC.

Best

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I would volunteer to take it for a run. Very interested. I like the harness part. This is a tease, because I can't see a side view. Seems like the recorder might be a bit too low, and stick out a lot. I can't tell much from the picture. In a design where the gear was two or three inches higher, crouching would be possible, and it might not bounce so much on a run, but still...difficult to tell from the picture. I would also love to see how snug it would fit. Wondering if this is the same version Porta-Brace rolled out at NAB earlier this year..or has it been updated? Arg. 

the issue I have with the porta brace is that you cannot remove the bag from the vest... So it's not that great for shoots where you're sitting bag on a cart... They should have made it removable in my opinion.  Also the 688 bag doesn't have the battery compartment like the video shows. I like the concept though :)

If you want to keep using your Stingray bag, look at the new K-Tek harness. It has all the molle straps you could use on a harness and more breathable than a vest. Plus it moves the weight down to your hips properly.

http://ktekpro.com/product/kshrn1-stingray-harness/

Also, there's the possibility of adding molle pouches etc to the new stingray bags- so they become quite expandable