Your Wireless and International Work

Michael P Clark

In the last couple of years i've been to USA, England, Finland, Canada, New Zealand, Nigeria, Ireland, Indonesia, Solomon Islands, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Thailand, France and many more in the years before that. Never had a problem with not asking permission.

Once i have legally entered the country through the use of a Carnet or Import/Export form then thats enough for me. Sure, i'm not working on films that have me in one location for weeks or months on end, but i'm yet to be made aware of any negative issues that my wireless may cause.

My biggest hassle is trying to squeeze into the free gaps of airspace with only 2 blocks(22 and 26) to work in. My advice is to be more concerned about having the right permission to work in the location that your'e in. Not every country agrees with filming freely in public spaces, being arrested in Sudan for this was an interesting but eventually harmless experience. Authorities are more worried about you than your gear once you are there.

Glenn F

Sydney, Australia