Chinhda Products Update - Set cart

David,

I know it's still under construction and this is a prototype.

What are the dimensions, please.

The photos show what looks like a regular 10" tire and then a smaller tire, thinner that is at right angles to the cart - is that the crabbing "castor"? I'm also a little confused by what you mean that the cart can "then lowered on the regular wheels"?

Are there plans for a 4" - 6" lip at one end for Boom poles, carpets etc.?

But once again, well thought out construction.

I've been designing my follow cart out of the "T-Slot" for the past year. I like how you've committed to the 1" tubing, I've been designing mine with te 1.5" and would really like to narrow it a bit and can gain several valuable inches by changing all the tubing to 1". Is it still sturdy with all 1" tubing? The one element I'm having trouble with is the handle. Can one buy that handle setup only? I still like my design, but those handles are awesome! How much for just those?

• 1 month later...

I did the recessed hooks thing (for cables) on the follow cart I built, as well as the rubber bumpers to allow a flush mount against a truck/trailer wall without damage --- two of the best features, I think, that I designed into the follow cart. Now, the whole crab-wheel thing, way beyond my manufacturing skills, also not sure it is all that necessary.

• 5 weeks later...

I am very pleased with my new follow cart, As everyone knows when you start a project you never know how the final product will turn out, What I did know was I wanted Chinhda to build it for me. I gave him the dimensions, layout and a wish list of features. What you see in theses photos is the evolution of the development process to the finished cart. Like any art form the key is to know when to stop, as we were getting down to the finishing touches David gently reminded me "This might be a good time to stop".  Now its my turn to complete the move-in configuration. I will post photos as soon as it is complete. My Greatest Thanks to David & Chinhda for a amazing job! 

I'm glad that Tom stepped in to assert his creative role in the process. The layout of the cart and most of the features were all part of Tom's specifications from the beginning. I generally try to maintain the confidentiality of clients until I've had a chance to confer and get explicit approval.

Tom has been a strong supporter of Chinhda products for a long time. He has one of the full-size production carts and has it fitted out perfectly. When the Local wanted people to bring sound carts to the contract negotiations as a demonstration of the complexity of our work, I thought of Tom right away. He lives some distance from the Sherman Oaks site but agreed to bring his cart down without hesitation.

Very soon I'll post some new pictures of the completed (and properly anodized) cart.

David

• 3 weeks later...

that's fantastic work ! congrats to you and Chinhda ! 

David,on post#15, 1st photo, in the background that T-slot cart,has a drawer thing above the battery place, any photos on that ? and any other accessories made for T-slot cart ? 

best

Cloud 

oh what a beauty ! i like the new style T-slot cart...... and seems it's more dust proofed 

the alternate hang point works very well thank you and Chinhda so much. Spent a bit time to take the frames down to parts , may i make a suggestion that actually Chinhda could leave some empty pins in the frame's slot in every directions,so later if we want to add on something,the pre-pin stayed in slot would become handy ! 

best

Cloud