Everyone should have a Hobby, What's yours

JBond

• 2 weeks later...

My honey and our Harley and our last nestling - our 17 year old son.
Also into camping, gardening, custom woodworking, archery, 2nd amendment things, Mother Earth News, Lake Woebegone, and sometimes intentionally pissing off liberals if I'm particularly bored.

Amateur radio...after a long day, sit at the computer doing paperwork and fire up the rig.  Can listen while I pound away...then convert the computer to operate the radio. 

When I go on location for more than a couple of days, I always haul a small HF rig along for nites.  Beats the heck out of TV...plus I can often get locals to steer me to the best cafes, coffee spots or just things that you will never find in a guide book. 

cleve/W5CE

What rig do you take on the road with you??  I have a Yaesu FT-857D that I take portable. I also work with our local Sheriff station, as communications support for their Baker to Vegas relay team.

David White - KO6FN

K7XD...nice

Are you working on the FFMA for 6m grids?  I tend to hand out a lot of grids, when I am on location with the FT 817 and a small foldable beam.

cleve/W5CEM

I actually quit keeping track years ago.Used to have some maps I would color in.

Now that you mentioned it I might have to go through my logs and see where I am at.

• 6 months later...

I got too many hobbies (costs a lot of money!), specifically RC planes and helicopters, what once was a hobby is now a legit business.  Call me if anyone ever needs professional aerial photos or video!

www.LAcoptercam.com

Also Disc golf.