Black box on new content page

Jack Norflus

Just recently I also am getting a black box that says "loading" when I return from a thread to the new content page. When I go to another thread and then return to the new content page I get a second black box that says "loading". The most I get are two black boxes. The boxes stay on the screen in the new content window until I exit. I'm using an Android phone.

Andy

I will look into this. I don't have anything running Android OS so it is a little bit more difficult for me to sort out. Are either of you running the IPB app? The IPB app (current version for iOS-6) works very well. I don't know anything about the Android version. If you are not using the IPB app, the site is detecting a mobile browser and then tries to load the default mobile skin. It may be that the default mobile skin was not properly updated for compatibility with the updated forum software.

This is getting quite complex but I will continue to work on support for Android mobile skin after this most recent update. I have checked as well if the Android IPB app is out yet and it appears that it is still in development and has not yet been released. You could try Tapatalk which is working okay for those that are using it. I will keep everyone posted as things progress.

Jack, and anyone else with Android phone, try and get the site to display with a new mobile theme I have installed and hopefully configured to work properly. I'm not sure how you do this with mobile browser (on your Android phone) but I'm sure you will have to do something like signing out, empty the cache, sign back in, refresh the page, etc. You should then see a gray mobile version with a menu that appears as a cluster of square boxes where you can select New Content, etc. Let me know if any of this works for you.

Jack, and anyone else with Android phone, try and get the site to display with a new mobile theme I have installed and hopefully configured to work properly. I'm not sure how you do this with mobile browser (on your Android phone) but I'm sure you will have to do something like signing out, empty the cache, sign back in, refresh the page, etc. You should then see a gray mobile version with a menu that appears as a cluster of square boxes where you can select New Content, etc. Let me know if any of this works for you.

yep see the moble theme - no black boxes as of yet

Hi Jeff,

Has stopped working today...cannot get to new content page..the little cluster of boxes does not respond..and page formats rather oddly.

I presume you are working on it, but thought I would report in as there is a change in what I reported yesterday.

Have just tried Tapatalk, but brings up a different version, not the grey one with the boxes.

Cheers, Phil

Support for this site on mobile devices is broken, completely, and I am working (feverishly) to get it back functioning. The only options for mobile access and function now is either the IPB app (iPhone only) or Tapatalk. The site is certainly functional and useable on tablets (iPad, iPad mini, Galaxy, etc.) using full size browser pages. On Android phones you are just going to have to wait until it is fixed.

Mobile Access is back, at least it is working on my iPhone now. There still seems to be a little bit of the black box "Loading..." problem going on, particularly when using the BACK arrows browser control. If you use instead the "PREV-" (previous) buttons it seems to work properly. Also, the black box will dismiss itself if you click around but I know that is annoying.

Let me know if it is all working properly or not, especially Android users.