zaxcom.com hacked

ESM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times, on and off, Google has reported JWSOUND site "compromised" and then later it goes away. There are a number of Google initiated things that show up once in awhile without warning and I have no idea how to make it stop happening. Someone who knows a lot more about this stuff might give us some answers.

I think there's something to it, given the hidden spammy text and links in the header.

Probably just bots programmed to insert code into compromised sites. I used to operate a Wordpress site, the same thing happened. Once I upgraded to the newest version and installed a plugin designed to remove the malicious code, my site was unflagged by Google.

Many times, on and off, Google has reported JWSOUND site "compromised" and then later it goes away. There are a number of Google initiated things that show up once in awhile without warning and I have no idea how to make it stop happening. Someone who knows a lot more about this stuff might give us some answers.

There was me thinking you were on the head honchos behind the group Anonymous Jeff

Hi, Glenn. I would encourage you to look into it further. There appears to be *hidden* text and links that have been inserted into your site by malicious SEO bots that found a security hole. I can see it (because I'm using a script-blocking plugin) and Google's bots can see it, which is why zaxcom.com is currently flagged in the Google search results.

If left unaddressed, zaxcom.com could be removed from Google's index altogether (this happened to me once).

http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ei=-IsRUfmFEpH69gS7rIGYAQ&answer=190597&?sa=X&ved=0CDkQpwgwAA

It's at least worth an email to your webmaster.

In Safari I see that same junk for less than a second, then the page loads normally. I don't see it in Firefox.

Oddly in Safari and Firefox I don't see the old "view source" option that shows you the code for the page, and that's often where you can see what/where something was injected. 

I've had this happen on sites, and it was always a hole in the software that powered the site. When I tracked the "hackers" (not really hackers) I could see that they were google searching for a line of code in a specific file in the website and that let them know that the site did not do the latest security patch. The patched versions of the site did more than patch the hole, there are hidden programmer notes that change, and google indexing was so thorough that they just had to look for an oddly written (unique) line of code, or something unique like "this needs work but I need a beer now" in the notes to tip them off that the site had the old, unpatched, code. 

It appears zaxcom.com has been hacked. I use the NoScript plugin for Firefox, so I don't know how it pulls up on other computers, but here's a screenshot of the header on the Nomad page (attached).

When I Googled something at Zaxcom a few days ago the Google result said something like "This site may be compromised" so I've avoided it.

• 4 months later...