Body Controller demo by Imogen Heap

SYsounds

I filmed an IV with her at her house about 3years ago. She is a unique and incredible talent. She wrote and performed a song about udon her Repeater whilst we were fiddling and setting the gear up. I wanted it to go on forever. Very cool lady indeed.

Oh, and she lives in a 200yr old circular house, with timelines installed between all rooms. It is incredible!!!

Kindest,

sb

about us, not udon!!!!

After watching the final performance in that video, yeah, that's bad ass. Way more than the synth control glove Marillion used way back when. It kind of makes me think she's using the theremin concept for her whole body and with a whole lot more parameters, like pan, pitch, reverb and all kinds of other effects. Really nice, and turning movement into music more than ever.

Even though her movements are pretty thoroughly rehearsed, it seems as though she wouldn't have a problem improvising with this rig thus making it a real modular instrument. Which is truly awesome. I really like the fact that its not just the sounds or samples but also the effects and different areas that does it. Amazing stuff!