Ready For The iWatch?

nwstudios

There are a few people trying to make things like this, like the Pebble watch. 

I kind of like the idea of seeing the time and/or the sender and subject of the latest email, or control my iPod. That basically means you turn your wrist instead of pulling your phone out of your pocket. I have a feeling Apple might need something more compelling than that for it to go to market. I guess really there is a balance of what will it cost vs what can it do. 

The propellor heads on MacBreak seem to think the iWatch will merely be a "prompting" device, which will notify users of texts and other reminder events from iPhones and iPads via BlueTooth. But they also reminded listeners that for every 10 products Apple develops, only 3 of them turn into working prototypes, and then only 1 of those actually gets to market. Lots and lots of stuff is judged to be "not good enough for Apple" in the end, so this may just be a rumor.

Then again, Steve Jobs denied the iPad for years, and also pooh-poohed the idea of watching videos on an iPod for many years, so...