Sennheiser HD25 connectors

Pat Slater

These HD 25 headphones are very popular for bag use here in Australia. Most of the other soundos I have spoken to have experienced the same intermittent drop outs in either can due to the small connectors to the individual cans becoming a bit lose.

Anyone found a trick to immobilize or resurrect these expensice cable ends?

Haven't explored the tech side but suspect that the problem has something to do with impedance of the cans. On to my third set - they are not with out their problems - but nothing comes close. Yes the connectors are a pain. Yes the plug drops out on the mixer. (Impedance issue?) But for isolation/separation and uncompromising response (ie, hard to make sound good) not much else matches up.

Buy some replacement leads. Cheeper than a new set. Or buy a new set from the US - less than half the price than from Panavision

Yes I find the poor connection  of the pins on the connectors to the capsules a big nuisance and have spoken to Sennheiser about it and discovered that there's now a Mark II version of HD25's which attempts to address the problem and the small flattish (aluminum?) pins have been changed to more rounded ones and according to Sennheiser gold contacts. Though if this is the case the gold must be inside the capsule as the pins at the end of the leads of the Mk II's are silverish in colour.

I've not had my Mk II's long enough yet to know whether they are better.

I'm going to try the suggestion of lightly tinning the Mk1's with solder as I've got three pairs which have this problem.....