Going wirelless to a Sony HVR Z1U

Ferdi

Scott,

I just to spoke with Chad and Don over at Loon Audio, great guys. They new just what I was taking about cause

of the cable you had them make. Now they think that the one you have was a 12 inches long before stretched. Do you that's long enough?

Ferdie

The Fanny pack works well but as an alternative the Jimmy Box will do the trick.  I have both and some mini dv shooters don't like to wear a fanny pack so I offer them the Jimmy Box and they are usually very happy.  You can get one to fit either one or two receivers.  I use the single Jimmy box for my Zaxcom.

Here's a link  http://www.jimmybox.com/Default.htm

Andy

Sorry, no pictures but I can tell you we used a B.E.C bracket and boxes to put 201's on a HVR Z1U for a doc we shot in Europe.  My cameraman shot handheld and with tripod and it worked well.  Here's a link http://www.thebecgroup.com/swf/nav.swf

I know there are other similar products out there just happened to use this one with success.

Bernie

Sorry, no pictures but I can tell you we used a B.E.C bracket and boxes to put 201's on a HVR Z1U for a doc we shot in Europe.  My cameraman shot handheld and with tripod and it worked well.  Here's a link http://www.thebecgroup.com/swf/nav.swf

I know there are other similar products out there just happened to use this one with success.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie, I'll take a look at it.

Ferdi

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas,

I have not used the coiled cable but doesn't that coil pull on the camera. 

Here is what I did with my Zaxcom stereo receiver.  I made my own fanny pack.  It is small and the perfect size for the Zaxcom. I found a small eagle creek mesh faced bag and had a shoemaker sow a webbed belt to it that I got at a camping store.  Mesh is important so it keeps the RX from heating up and shutting off.  The fanny pack holds a NP1 and the Zaxcom RX.  I even put in an on/off switch external to the fanny pack.  I made a cable that goes from the Zaxcom 5 pin on the RX to a 7 pin Xlr on the other side into a xlr left/right breakaway cable.  That way the cameraman can leave the fanny pack on and breakaway from the camera.  The cable that I use to go between the fanny pack and the camera is the mogami 2893.  It is very thin and flexible. 

Andy

Not yet, I will go in on monday and see.

I have the Zaxcom ST wireless, and it would be nice to have a coiled 5 pin cable that splits to dual male XLR at the camera.

~Thomas

Does anyone know where to buy bulk coiled XLR cable? I love the loon audio cables, but would rather make them myself!

Also, there used to be a place to buy cheap NP-1 cup adapters. Anyone know where? None of the links from the RAMPS site work!

have you tried your previous employer? they tend to keep spools of cable, call and ask for Forrest in service.