I am going to the UK for a bit

dfisk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Belfast instead ;-) Regards Chris W

Oh man, I wish I could. I don't have a lot of time. There is so much more I want to do on this trip than I have time for. It's a business trip and not a vacation, so I'll be lucky if I can get out of the city.

Is this for BVE? There's potentially a few off us having drinks on wed night (possibly combing with BECTU London production division) near the Excel centre.  I might not be able to make it as I've got a job during the day, though

Did i hear the word drinks ........ mmmm!

I'll be at BVE with Shure Distribution if any anyone fancies a chat about the new PIX260i or 664...

Is this for BVE? There's potentially a few off us having drinks on wed night (possibly combing with BECTU London production division) near the Excel centre.  I might not be able to make it as I've got a job during the day, though

Yes, it is. My hotel is right across the street from Excel center/centre. 

Paul, I'll stop by and say hello. 

When you leave through UK airport security be advised that they have very different thoughts as to the size (and weight) of carry-on baggage. Check with your airline as to the weight in particular. I always try to avoid even transiting through the UK as their out-going carry-on restrictions really suck.

When you leave through UK airport security be advised that they have very different thoughts as to the size (and weight) of carry-on baggage. Check with your airline as to the weight in particular. I always try to avoid even transiting through the UK as their out-going carry-on restrictions really suck.

Size is the main thing, also depends a lot on the airline how lenient they are (cheaper airlines are really stringent).  Only one I've found that does weight with carry-on was monarch (budget airline), which resulted in the cameraman I was with going through security with a Red Epic in his coat pocket

Then get out of there! I mean that you should take the time (use the DLR tram) and leave Canary Wharf. See some of the real London.

I did some of this tonight. I've been up for about 36 hours now (couldn't sleep on the plane), and I've seen some really cool stuff. The tower of london. The tower bridge. I had dinner with a good friend (not in the audio community). I already have the train system figured out. Very easy. 

I thought having all the CCTV cameras around would bother me, but I honestly feel safer knowing they are there. 

And does Heathrow still only allow 1 carry-on?

R

I was at BVE for a couple hours today (tues) and will be there again tomorrow afternoon. Some things I liked: The latest update of the 4minx allows a cheap midi control surface to be used with the recorder: post-2861-136192338518.jpg A new DPA jaw mic demo'd with Sony's digital wireless (very light with a rubbery ear thingy): post-2861-136192354501.jpg News of a dual slot caddy (made by visual impact apparently) for Sony's digital wireless (photo of a photo): post-2861-136192366099.jpg Some 'cheap' nagra recorders (without removable media! why oh why): post-2861-136192374166.jpg I'll try to make the bectu thing as well (although I don't really qualify as young these days:-) Atb, Dan Rosen. Ps. I'm note a massive fan if BA but they do allow you to carry on a reasonably sized bag AND a laptop bag which is certainly better than sleazyjet. And terminal 5 is quite nice (I managed to get from a tube train to take off in 40 mins recently. "Phew" - I thought I was going to miss the flight).